ESOS phase 1 non-compliance comes at a very high price for some.
Companies who have ignored the warnings regarding non-compliance have been issued with a range of penalties amounting to £150K.
The Environment Agency have released a publication with the list of companies that did not comply with ESOS Phase 1, showing penalties ranging from £1.5k to £22.5k. with the potential for more to follow!
We are now in phase two of the scheme which runs from 6th December 2015 to 5th December 2019.
Implementing a programme of regular energy audits is mandatory as set out by The Environment Agency. This best practice approach carries huge benefits:
- If you manage a portfolio of properties you can start budgeting now for a rolling programme of audits meaning you can spread the cost of compliance across multiple years avoiding being hit with a hefty lump sum in 2019.
- Advance planning removes the headache of tracking down the required data last minute – a process many of our clients found stressful during Phase one.
- Starting the process now secures a qualified lead assessor well in advance of the December 2019 deadline, avoiding the risk of a bottleneck of resources as occurred during phase one.
- You can start realising the savings as part of the energy audits now, which will cover the costs of compliance and more.
Although there are some exemptions for public bodies, the regulations require all other large UK organisations to take three important steps before the compliance date of 5th December 2019:
- Measure your total energy consumption.
- Conduct audits to identify cost-effective energy efficiency opportunities.
- Report compliance to their national scheme administrator – the Environment Agency in England, SEPA in Scotland, NIEA in Northern Ireland and NRW in Wales.
We can help!
With ESOS phase two just around the corner, we have the compliance process down to a T.
Act now and miss the last minute rush by joining the growing number of organisations already benefitting our innovative services..
Find out more here
OR CALL TODAY FOR YOUR FREE PROPOSAL 01246 290490.